Search This Blog

Download : MATLAB & SIMULINK Student Version R2007a [DVD-ROM] [CD-ROM]

Written By share_e on Sunday, March 11, 2012 | Sunday, March 11, 2012

Buy This Software
I am not currently a student so I was not able to purchase Matlab from Mathworks. I ordered a used copy of the student version of Matlab 2007 from Amazon. I put the cd into my computer. The disc loaded onto my hard drive in about 35 minutes. After the installation was complete, the program prompted me to register with Mathworks. When I tried to activate the software I got a message from Mathworks that the serial number of my disc (the serial number appears on the cd case) is registered with another e-mail address (probably the previous user of the disc). 

I sent an e-mail to Mathworks asking them for assistance. This reply came back from Mathworks: "Unfortunately I will not be able to assist you with your request [regarding activation]. The Student Version of our software is non-transferable, so you will not be able to access this copy as it has already been associated to another user. If you would like to use our Student Version software you will need to purchase a copy for your own use. I have included information about our latest release, as well as how to purchase it below. 

Please let me know if you need anything else." If you are currently a student with proof of enrollment that's great because you can purchase a new copy of the student version of Matlab from Mathworks. If you aren't a student then you are out of luck--I tried a used copy and I couldn't get it to work because apparently the Matlab cd can only be activated to work on your computer by Mathworks.